"MY MODERN DAY LOVE STORY"


There is a famous line we all have heard at one point or 
the other” Love at first sight” ours are a bit similar “Love at first convo” We met each other when we were only 19 years old when I travelled to your island Grenada for a (4 day) mission trip. You can say I took care of God’s business and he took care of mine.

For our first conversation we spoke for about 4hrs about 
ministry, family, studies, work etc. I was not a talker so it surprised me how smoothly we can relate to each other. Right then I asked God a question “Lord is he the one I’ve been praying for?”



There was a special connection between us that we both couldn’t deny, our friends and family picked up on it too. He was a people person, outspoken and full of life while I was more reserved but it somehow mesh together perfectly.

At the airport I didn’t quite understand why my insides were ripping apart, “I just knew the guy for 4 days it’s crazy” I relented to my friend crying in the aeroplane coming back to St. Vincent & the Grenadines.

We kept in constant communication and after a couple of 
months we made our relationship official on the day you left to journey to Cuba to begin your six (6) years studies. I also began my studies and focused on the task at hand.

After 2 years of distance and minimal communication we 
decided to part ways but remain friends. Couple months later I journeyed to Jamaica to complete my studies and saw it as an opportunity for new beginnings.

During my three (3) years I dated but nothing fruitful ever transpired. Fast forward one year after I returned home from completing my degree, I complained to a close friend that all aspects of my life was coming together except that “one” area.

I still kept in contact with him during that time and you can say we became best friends without realizing it.

I began praying seriously about finding a husband over a year, when one fine September morning I got a call from a strange number, it was Kelloni on the other line. 

I was surprised because we communicated mostly via emails. I remember he called to say he had returned home the night before and this was his new contact number. That was the moment I knew that he was meant for me. 



Love J

Share your love story!

Comments

Popular Posts