Things Never To Say To A Natural Girl

Well I've been natural for the past 3yrs 3mths and I've heard some stories and got comments on my hair that I would like to share with you.


1. Girl you have nice hair - I've commented on this briefly in my post "You got good hair". Basically all hair types are beautiful and just how all of us are unique in our own way. Our hair is beautiful and reacts to how we take care of it.

2. You're gonna relax your hair again right?? or when are your going to relax your hair??

3. Your hair is long, if you were to relax your hair I could imagine your length.

4. I love your hair,  but I cant go back natural it too hard!

5. Your hair can't grow pass a certain length

6. You don't fed up combing your hair sometimes?

7. Touching my hair (without my permission) Ohh its soft!!!

8. What you use in your hair, ohh that too expensive

9. I cant spend 4hrs combing my hair

10. Why you cut off all your hair, you look like a man lol

11.  Your hairs nice but i prefer you with relaxed hair

12. Natural hair is only meant for some people

13. You going Ras?

14. I know but ......

15. Snickers... watch her hair!!!!!


Wow I didn't realise that remembering all  these negatives towards natural hair can be so emotionally draining. But I survived all those comments majority mostly within my first two (2)yrs.  Those of you who are facing a similar situation I want to encourage you to rock that hair like a diva. Love yourself and your hair.

Comments

Popular Posts