YOU GOT GOOD HAIR?!?

Before I get into the gooood stuff I'll like to tell you about me and my hair DNA!! Both my parents have 4c hair. My father had soft 4c hair and my mom has thick 4c hair. Heres a link to know your hair types http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/03/natural-hair-type-guide-which-type-are-you/

I had a TWA (Teeny Weeny Afro) when I was about 2 years old and it keep growing.
Here is a pic when I was around 5 years old.

I began ironing combing my hair around the age of 12 until I had my first relaxer/perm at the age of 19. I enjoyed the relaxed look until I attended university, I couldn't maintain the frequent treatments and relaxer because of my living costs. My hair was thin, brown in colour and dry, I hated looking in mirror. I thought about cutting my hair but was afraid of what people would say and was afraid of loosing my identity as a 'girl with long hair'. You could say I hid behind my hair.

I wore braids for 4 months never thinking I would cut it all off. After i took out the braids I couldn't even brush my hair I just took the scissors and cut a big patch right in the middle. There was no turning back for me !!! I called my best friend to help me finish and these were the results ♥ We're all smiles a couple of minutes later as you can see in the pic :)
To me it doesn't matter if you are mixed or not, give your hair love and attention and your hair will surprise you. Your goal is not 'good' hair but healthy hair.

Thats my story in a nutshell, whats yours?

Comments

  1. I absolutely love the natural look on you, you seems a lot more confident with it. It would be nice if you post a pic of the 'big patch in the middle' lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucinna for being the first to comment :) I actually dont have a pic :( but I recorded the big chop I would try to edit and post

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts